West Texas ... snowflakes?
And ice pellets, and sleet, and freezing raindrops, if the weather reports are accurate. So, I'm headed to Texas this weekend. Guess what it's supposed to do in El Paso and Midland on Saturday and probably Sunday night and Monday? SNOW! I honestly didn't know it did that in West Texas. I thought maybe I just didn't know what I was talking about, but I checked online and the El Paso tourism site says that winter average temps are 55-60, and the city only gets something like 8 inches of rain per year. So how do we wind up with sleet and snow and a bunch of driving to do? I don't know. I do know that I'm prepared to have an utterly miserable weekend. But hopefully the kind of miserable that just becomes really hilarious at some point. I figure I'll expect the worst (I'm having visions of canceled flights, for example) because that way if it doesn't suck, I'll be pleasantly surprised. And if it does, well, I ... win because I predicted it? Hmm. Well, at any rate, barring the whole canceled flight scenario, I'll be hanging out with friends. Actually, no matter what, I should be seeing Paul in Chicago. Wish me luck!
Labels: travel
2 Comments:
I hope your weekend was utterly horibble, but in the whole hilarious way!
Did you get any pictures of the snow? I still can't believe this snow in Texas thing and want to see it for myself... I can't imagine what your trip was like.
Post a Comment
<< Home