Saturday, February 24, 2007

Video notes on Canada

Recently, down the Basement o' Wonders, I found some old school papers. Inside my eighth grade Social Studies folder I discovered a page of notes I'd taken on Canada. We watched many videos in that class, and were required to take at least 100 words of notes on each one. So here, apparently, are the facts that my fourteen-year-old self deemed most vital to know about our northern neighbors:

Video Notes on Canada

Inuit = Eskimo. Cajuns came from Canada. There are many different cultures in Canada, including Chinese, Ukranian, French, and English. 80% of all Canadians live within miles of the U.S. border. It is the second largest country in the world. The Vikings were the first Europeans who reached North America. The Acadians came from France. They became the Cajuns. Peggy's Cove is well known for its lobster. Quebec is Canada's largest province. Quebec's main language is French. Quebec possesses a strong sense of culture, which is a mixture of different ones. They even have a different type of dance which is a kind of tap dance. Montreal is partially underground.


There you go. All you'd ever need to know about Canada. Especially that bit about the Quebecois tap dance.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger hip-hop-annonymous said...

At first I thought my favorite bit of information was that “The Vikings were the first Europeans who reached North America.”

But I'm pretty sure that the most important fact was your very last line. Montreal is partially underground.

February 28, 2007 at 10:33:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home