Excerpts
From my May 1995 diary, age 15.
"Niki had the kid. Her name is Bailey, and she's really cute."
"Well, I can die happy now. I've seen the boy in his pajamas."
"Gabe is such a smooth talker he can get girls to do almost anything."
"I held many animals while at Timber-Lee, including an opossum, a tarantula, a baby rabbit, a python, and a ring-necked dove."
"If you're wondering, Madison was fun. I liked the capitol building, and I want to live in the governor's mansion."
"Gabe and Nick and I got together Period 2 to work on the reflection. The rest of the class went to the computer lab, but we stayed in the room. We had fun going through Mrs. Leischow's stuff."
"I went to the Jam 4 Peace with Jaki. It rocked. There were a ton of performers, such as Blackstreet, Brownstone, Da Brat, Naughty By Nature, Montell Jordan, Subway, H-Town, Soul 4 Real, Mary J. Blige, and 69 Boys."
"I had to play first base twice while we were on defense, and I caught the ball and made an excellent pass the first time. My second spiral was kind of weak."***
Finally, this picture is at the center of the color montage in our ninth grade yearbook. Classy.

***No, I really wasn't hopelessly confused about sports. We played a game that combined football and baseball in that magical way only junior high gym class can.
"Niki had the kid. Her name is Bailey, and she's really cute."
"Well, I can die happy now. I've seen the boy in his pajamas."
"Gabe is such a smooth talker he can get girls to do almost anything."
"I held many animals while at Timber-Lee, including an opossum, a tarantula, a baby rabbit, a python, and a ring-necked dove."
"If you're wondering, Madison was fun. I liked the capitol building, and I want to live in the governor's mansion."
"Gabe and Nick and I got together Period 2 to work on the reflection. The rest of the class went to the computer lab, but we stayed in the room. We had fun going through Mrs. Leischow's stuff."
"I went to the Jam 4 Peace with Jaki. It rocked. There were a ton of performers, such as Blackstreet, Brownstone, Da Brat, Naughty By Nature, Montell Jordan, Subway, H-Town, Soul 4 Real, Mary J. Blige, and 69 Boys."
"I had to play first base twice while we were on defense, and I caught the ball and made an excellent pass the first time. My second spiral was kind of weak."***
Finally, this picture is at the center of the color montage in our ninth grade yearbook. Classy.
***No, I really wasn't hopelessly confused about sports. We played a game that combined football and baseball in that magical way only junior high gym class can.
Labels: high school
2 Comments:
I was SO mad about that yearbook! How crappy was that!??? I just looked through it the other day and reflected on how bad it was. I even tried to get on yearbook committee...but never made it. Then they go and waste like 5 pages doing stupid crap like that.
Eric will love showing THAT one to his kids some day!
Yeah, now that I think about it, that may have been in the 8th grade yearbook. Because I remember that being the stupid yearbook that wasn't even done on time, so we had to wait until the next year to get it. And the wait was worth it, because what a masterpiece.
Post a Comment
<< Home