Sunday, May 14, 2006

CONAN

On Friday, Kris and Sam and I waited outside in the crappy rainy windy Chicago weather for eight and a half hours. But that was okay, because we had ponchos. And at the end of it we were in the seventh row of the Chicago Theatre for Late Night with Conan O'Brien! It was so much fun. Andy Richter showed up, and they went desk driving, and Blue Moon was mentioned, and they blew up Mrs. O'Leary's cow (which we had seen riding by in a truck earlier in the day), and George Wendt made out with Chewbacca, and Wilco played a song, and I love Barack Obama and would consider moving to Illinois just so I could vote for him, and the Sears Tower dressed in Sears clothing made an appearance, and La Bamba was dressed as the Empire Carpet guy and we all sang the 588-2300 jingle, and Mucca Pazza closed out the show in exciting fashion.

Oh yeah, and around noon Conan came outside and called us his "babies" and gave us all free pizza! Because he is awesome. I've been watching his show for over twelve years now, and I can hardly believe I've finally seen a taping. In Chicago, no less!

Now that's how you spend a comp day.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger hip-hop-annonymous said...

The whole time I read your post I just kept thinking that I didn't know he taped in Chicago. Is he normally in New York? Why was he in Chicago? I'm confused.

HOW RAD IS THAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love Conan.
Laura and I were singing "in the year 2000" this weekend. Do you remember those segments?

May 15, 2006 at 1:02:00 PM CDT  
Blogger BeeKay said...

He does normally tape in NYC, but they did a special week of shows in Chicago. And heck yeah I remember the Year 2000 segments. They still do them sometimes, even though it's now 2006. I love that.

Side note- your picture on blogger seems to have disappeared. You should replace it, because I miss it.

May 15, 2006 at 2:38:00 PM CDT  
Blogger hip-hop-annonymous said...

Oh no!
I'm gone!

May 15, 2006 at 4:21:00 PM CDT  
Blogger hip-hop-annonymous said...

I'm back Jack!

May 15, 2006 at 4:41:00 PM CDT  
Blogger pneyu said...

He called you his "babies"?!? OK, *now* I'm jealous!

May 17, 2006 at 4:17:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home