Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Goat head

I just folded an origami goat head. It may be my favorite project so far. No, actually I think the turtle was my favorite. I'm going to peek at tomorrow's page ... holy cow, it's a Blow and Spin Top! I love this calendar.

Last night I had a great dinner at the Stone House in Quivy's Grove, which is on the national register of historic places. Recommended. Before that, I had immersed myself in the Wikipedia for awhile. As always, I learned new and exciting facts. Here are some of the articles I read:

Ten Commandments
YHWH
diphtheria
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Kenosha
Thomas Pynchon
Gravity's Rainbow
county seat
Consenza
Edmonton, Alberta
white-collar
The Magnificent Ambersons

My favorite new fact gleaned? Probably that the Kenosha area is the site of the earliest traces of human life discovered on Earth, dating to 19,000 years BC. How do I not remember learning that in school, in Kenosha?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger hip-hop-annonymous said...

What the Kenosha fact!???

Does your calendar paper act as your origami paper?

I may need you to mail me a goat head. Why? Because what could be better then telling people "Hey, I got a goat head in the mail yesterday."? Nothing. I promise you.

March 30, 2006 at 12:30:00 PM CST  
Blogger BeeKay said...

Did you know that Kenosha was also the site of the world premiere of the Wizard of Oz? It's true!

Yes, my calendar paper acts as my origami paper. Mailing you a goat head might be slightly tricky because it actually needs to be blown up to become the proper goat head, and a blown goat head wouldn't mail so well. But I could include instructions.

March 30, 2006 at 2:44:00 PM CST  
Blogger hodie said...

If you made Kande an oragami turtle at the Basement show, she'd be highly impressed and revere you forever.

March 31, 2006 at 8:46:00 AM CST  
Blogger hodie said...

Actually, she'd be even MORE impressed if you made her an orIgami turtle.

March 31, 2006 at 8:47:00 AM CST  
Blogger BeeKay said...

I believe I can make that happen.

March 31, 2006 at 12:57:00 PM CST  
Blogger hodie said...

Oooo, you have just guaranteed the entire weekend will be a success, Kande-wise.

April 1, 2006 at 9:23:00 AM CST  
Blogger hip-hop-annonymous said...

I SO never knew that trivia fact!!!

April 3, 2006 at 2:18:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home