Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Ask Google

I've invented a new game. It's called "Ask Google." I'm going to type questions into Google, not using quotation marks, and the first sentence of the blurb on Google's first result will be taken as the Great Google's advice/prediction/answer on the matter. Warning: much like the sphinx, and the Lord, the Great Google works in mysterious ways.

Q: Should I give in to peer pressure and go to New York City for my birthday?
A: Currently in New York City, the government workers make a higher living than those in the private sector.

Q: Will this New Years Eve be as fun as last year's?
A: Toronto New Years Eve events offer fun & entertainment for the whole family.

Q: By the year 2030, will we have flying cars?
A: The car of 2030 will be better connected to the outside world — we've moved from a non-knowledge to a knowledge-based society, centered on the Web.

Q: Will I buy a laptop in the next 6 months?
A: PowerBooks and iBooks by April or May of next year?

Q: Will I visit Gina while she's living in Dublin?
A: Log on to Dublin bus.org and visit Conyngham Road bus garage.

Q: Will Rhett Miller ever cut his hair?
A: In the front yard was a hippie man: his beard and his hair were the same length, past his shoulders, and he smiled when he saw me.

Q: Did Davy Crockett really kill him a b'ar when he was only three?
A: He did, but that also turned out to be hell.

Q: Will I ever finish reading The Executioner's Song?
A: You will have to devote serious time and energy to finish it.

Q: What will I do for a living ten years from now?
A: Will a clock that works flawlessly for 10000 years become the greatest wonder of the world?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger hip-hop-annonymous said...

Wow, that's so deep! I love it. I may give it a try. Hippie man in your yard - funny. And I didn't know Gina was in Dublin. Is this the Gina that I know? Either way, you should definitely go there for a visit. :)

I like the question followed by a question thing. So, will you be getting a new laptop? Maybe we'll never know..

November 8, 2005 at 10:39:00 AM CST  
Blogger BeeKay said...

Yeah, the question followed by a question thing is all zenlike. And this is the Gina you know, yes. She's not in Dublin yet, but she will be for the Spring semester of 2006. Hopefully I will visit.

November 8, 2005 at 10:48:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Q: Will Brianne visit me when I live in Ireland?

A: I reside in dublin, ireland.

Dude, no way! We'll totally have to get together! Call me, we'll do lunch.

November 8, 2005 at 1:43:00 PM CST  
Blogger BeeKay said...

Holy crap! YOU GET TO MEET GOOGLE!

November 8, 2005 at 1:47:00 PM CST  
Blogger hip-hop-annonymous said...

That's AMAZING!!!

November 8, 2005 at 4:17:00 PM CST  
Blogger hip-hop-annonymous said...

Q: Should I go to Ireland?

A: Chirac to bring in curfews in effort to stem riots.

REACTION: I suppose I'll wait awhile until I plan that trip!

November 8, 2005 at 4:26:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home