Hey, mice on a girl
I was disappointed when I confirmed that this entry's title is not, in fact, the chorus of Beck's song "Girl."
Monday evening I was walking through Owen Conservation Park and came to a fork in the path. I wanted to take the higher path through the woods, but I had only gone a few yards when a loud gobbling sound stopped me in my tracks. I looked ahead and saw four gigantic turkeys blocking my way. I hesitated. I really wanted to take that path. But the turkeys looked pretty comfortable, and they must have been at least three and a half feet tall. If you took their beaks into account, I figured there was a decent chance that the four of them could actually take me. I conceded the path. You've won this round, turkeys.
My home inspection was tonight. The downstairs bathroom and master bedroom doors don't quite latch - the placement of the holes needs to be lowered slightly in the frames - but that was the only thing wrong with anything inside or outside. The inspector was actually excited about the basement. That makes two of us.
Finally, does anyone know of any good uses for fresh mint? I made some tzatziki the other day, but I still have a bunch of mint leftover.
Monday evening I was walking through Owen Conservation Park and came to a fork in the path. I wanted to take the higher path through the woods, but I had only gone a few yards when a loud gobbling sound stopped me in my tracks. I looked ahead and saw four gigantic turkeys blocking my way. I hesitated. I really wanted to take that path. But the turkeys looked pretty comfortable, and they must have been at least three and a half feet tall. If you took their beaks into account, I figured there was a decent chance that the four of them could actually take me. I conceded the path. You've won this round, turkeys.
My home inspection was tonight. The downstairs bathroom and master bedroom doors don't quite latch - the placement of the holes needs to be lowered slightly in the frames - but that was the only thing wrong with anything inside or outside. The inspector was actually excited about the basement. That makes two of us.
Finally, does anyone know of any good uses for fresh mint? I made some tzatziki the other day, but I still have a bunch of mint leftover.
Labels: real estate

6 Comments:
1. My second bedroom in my condo has the same latching problem. It wasn't an issue until my sister moved in with me for a while after her Peace Corps tour. She just had a bedroom door that didn't close all the way for the year that she was here.
2. Mint? I have one word for you - MOJITOS! Get thyself some sugar, lime, and rum and you'll be the life of the party!!!
Congratulations!!!!!
Yay for such a great inspection. I was worried, from the title, that there was something to do with mice.
Let me know if you need me to kick some turkey ass.
Let's see... mint...
Mojitos...
I read that you can make homemade salad dressing with vinager and oil. Someone said you could boil potatoes or other veggies with it. Freeze leaves in ice cubes for tea or lemonade. Add it in with a floral arrangement, for smell.
Throw it at someone.
Mail it to someone.
Donate it to Goodwill.
I'm full of ideas.
You guys are brilliant! I especially want to try freezing the mint in ice cubes, and mailing it to someone.
Why do I have the feeling that mint may show up in my mailbox someday?
Laura just told me yesterday about Mrs. Ryan. How said. It's weird when our teachers start dying. :(
Did you have Mrs. Ryan? I remember getting in trouble a lot in that grade. Me and Gary Daricot, for jumping off the tires at recess...
Laura said she must have been sick for awhile. She used to shop at SV all the time. I haven't seen her in years though.
I might be too late on the mint request, but if you like peas, I have a great recipe for Minted Pea soup I can send you (sounds weird, but it's good, I swear!)
I would love the recipe for Minted Pea soup! And though I know multiple Lauras (you Lauras are a tricky bunch) I am pretty sure I know which Laura you are.
Post a Comment
<< Home