Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mine

It turns out that the downside of having two months to slowly move a few boxes and random items across town after work every day ... is that instead of being super exhausted for a day or two, you're moderately exhausted all the time. Still, though, I soldier on. (I say this as if I've been moving for more than three days now.)

Yes, on Monday I officially closed on the condo. There was much rejoicing. I got some gifts I didn't expect - a gift certificate for Menards from my realtor, and a large bag full of handy stuff like Pledge wipes, Shout, Ziploc bags, Saran wrap, etc. from my mortgage lender. (Actually my realtor let me choose between a gift certificate from Menards or one for the same amount from a local pizza place. I was like, "Woman, please.")

Over the past couple of days I've been moving things in after work. I'm trying my hardest to actually put everything away every day before I leave, which may end up falling by the wayside. I've noticed a couple of things that I hadn't really thought about before - first of all, I get traffic noise from the highway close to the subdivision. That's never been something really bothersome to me, and it's not conversation-impeding-loud outside, but still more prominent during busy times than I'd prefer. Also, my bathrooms have nice big mirrors, but they don't have medicine cabinets. I did not notice that until today. There's room on other walls to put them in - or I could replace the mirrors, I suppose - but how weird! That is weird, right? On the more positive side of things I hadn't noticed, the lake about a mile away is really adorable. Also, I was a little worried about where I'd be able to put TVs/computers/etc. based on where the cable jacks were - but I needn't have feared, because there are cable jacks everywhere. That makes me happy. And in general, I love walking through the place with the knowledge that it's mine. I measured one of the spare bedrooms today - there's plenty of room on both sides of the window for dollhouses.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. What a fun time in life! I like the pic. The best part of the post was your response to the Menard or Pizza offer!!!!

Woman, please.

-heidi

May 24, 2007 at 1:19:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home