Friday, September 01, 2006

How do you lose a room?

Wednesday night was my first non-Friday Largo experience, which was quite different, to say the least, from a typical Jon evening. Uyen and Evonne and I checked out the Greg Proops chat show, and a good time was had by all. Greg's guests included Ngaio Bealum, Grant Lee Phillips, Drew Carey doing a 3/4-assed Lindsey Lohan impersonation, and Margaret Cho. Everyone was hilarious (well, Grant Lee Phillips just sang pretty). I couldn't begin to detail the random turns the evening took, but politics, the TSA, LA traffic, and marijuana played a large part throughout. The night ended with Margaret performing a sultry burlesque dance with pasties on all six of her nipples as Grant Lee Phillips played. You kind of had to see it.

Tonight U & I followed up my second day of 12-hour shifts by stuffing our faces with Korean BBQ. I'd eaten salads for my previous three non-breakfast meals in preparation, which turned out to be a good move - I was actually able to walk out of the BBQ joint under my own power. We wound up the evening at Cup o' Joy, where I tasted my first boba. It's tea! It's chewy! It's chewy tea!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home