Friday, April 21, 2006

Things!

On Sunday night, I finally purchased my laptop. I chose the MacBook Pro, and its estimated delivery date is tomorrow! I'm so excited! I've been tracking it like a fiend for the past two days. It started out in Shanghai (so much for "made by Apple in California") and at last update had left the FedEx facility in Indianapolis. Wee! I decided to celebrate this evening by ordering five custom poster frames from a wholesale store. Even wholesale custom frames are expensive, and the shipping is ridiculous. But since I've been pining for some of these frames for the past three years, I've learned that custom framing stores around here are 500% more ridiculously priced. So, at long last, I'll be able to frame some more stuff.

Speaking of receiving things in the mail, today a hand-addressed envelope from "Entercom Madison" arrived for me. I opened it, and guess what? It turns out that the song I suggested for Triple M's "Greatest Guitar Solo of All Time" got played on their lunch program, the Radio Deli. Which means that I won ... two tickets to see the New Pornographers' private show this Sunday! Hahahaa. Oh man. If only my attempts to get Conan Chicago tickets would end up yielding such bounty.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger pneyu said...

What guitar song did you suggest?

April 30, 2006 at 6:48:00 PM CDT  
Blogger BeeKay said...

This is so embarrassing, but I don't quite remember! I did craft the suggestion so that A) it hopefully wouldn't be mentioned by 100 other people, and B) it would be likely to get played on MMM. I am pretty sure I suggested "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd.

April 30, 2006 at 7:47:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home