Vintage artwork
When my dad retired, he brought home everything his office walls had accumulated over the years. This included an impressive array of childhood creative works by yours truly. While rustling through the Kenosha file cabinet in search of old Battlestar Galactica and baseball cards from my grandparents' house (happy birthday, Kris!) I found the entire collection. Many pages ripped from coloring books, the first page of a 1988 typewritten manuscript, "The Great Project Flop" (and it was clear I hadn't read Gregg Typing 1958), one note in which I inexplicably addressed my dad as "Captain," and some original drawings. Two are linked below. Click for bigger versions:

It looks sort of like a heart, doesn't it? One of those rare, colorful, patchwork hearts. That's actually kind of cool, but the next one just cracks me up:

Lord knows what inspired that. I like the fact that Mike Tyson appears to have a tiny, tiny breast up near his neck.
It looks sort of like a heart, doesn't it? One of those rare, colorful, patchwork hearts. That's actually kind of cool, but the next one just cracks me up:
Lord knows what inspired that. I like the fact that Mike Tyson appears to have a tiny, tiny breast up near his neck.
3 Comments:
Could I commission you you draw a nice picture of Mike Tyson for me? Please make it like that one.
-Jane
Sure thing. Will you hang it on the wall with all your other paintings?
Wow. I'm so glad you included the EXIT door. You were always so....safety concious. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home