Thursday, December 22, 2005

Update from the sickbed

Well, my mommy came on Sunday and took me back to Kenosha. I just called this week of work a wash. (I was scheduled to be off Friday through Monday the 26th already.) Since Monday I've been feeling slightly better, but not a ton better. And since all my insurance-related doctors and clinics are in Madison, in order to see a doctor I had to get authorized ... to go to the emergency room yesterday morning. Wooooo! It wasn't as bad as the first time. I went to the new hospital here, and everything went pretty quickly. I was apparently STILL a little dehydrated, despite my best efforts. (Do you know how hard it is to drink 10 glasses of water a day while sick?) So they gave me another liter of fluids, but this time they only took 2 tries for the IV. Bonus! They also took a CT scan of my head, and a nasal swab for the flu ... oh my lord. Have you ever had one of those? Here's my advice - don't. "Nasal swab" is such a misnomer. It's more like jamming a long wire into your brain through each nostril. Anyway, the doctor thinks I'm recovering from something like viral meningitis. Yikes. (Bacterial is the "it'll kill ya!" one.) Basically I just have to ... keep on recovering ... but he gave me a prescription for some different anti-dizziness/nausea stuff, and something for the headache. Meclizine and Tramadol, I think? The Tramadol, though, made me really dizzy and nauseous, in a slightly different way than usual. For awhile. But it also totally knocked out the pain, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I don't think I'll be taking 2 at a time again.

Besides that, I don't think I have anything interesting to report. Christmas is close. Very close. The only person whose present I didn't manage to finish buying before being struck down (well, the only person I'll actually see before Christmas) is my mom. I think I'll just tell her what the rest of her present is and cut her a check if she's going shopping. She won't mind.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Lord. That virus needs an ass-whoopin'. Did the doctors give you any sort of timetable as to when it might go away?

December 22, 2005 at 9:01:00 PM CST  
Blogger EL FAMOUS said...

B, take it easy and just get better. Pop a cap in that virus ass and give it the beatdown. We'll keep pullin for you...happy holidays!

December 23, 2005 at 8:28:00 AM CST  
Blogger hodie said...

I hope at the very least you get to lie around like the Queen of Sheba and waited on hand and foot. That's some little consolation.

Rest rest rest. We're sending you tough-cookie virus-killing vibes.

December 23, 2005 at 9:28:00 AM CST  
Blogger BeeKay said...

Thanks so much, guys. I have been feeling a lot better in the past two days, actually. It's a combination of good vibes and being waited on, I think. Happy holidays!

December 23, 2005 at 12:25:00 PM CST  
Blogger hip-hop-annonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you!

Man, that sucks so bad.

December 27, 2005 at 8:08:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home