Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Know what sucks?

Being sick. I've been sick since, well, Monday evening. Yesterday seemed to have been the worst (today's not a ton better) but I hope it doesn't stick around much longer. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but I've had a perpetual low-grade headache, some light-headedness, a fever, achiness, fatigue, and nausea. Mmmmm. I've been working from home the past couple of days, and I'm so sick of being here, but I really don't feel well enough to leave. Woo!

Also, it's snowing outside. Pretty hard.

Sorry I haven't been very entertaining lately. Sunday night I saw Nels Cline and Jeff Parker's quartet play Paul Bley's record "Turning Point" in its entirety at the Empty Bottle. (And I got home around 3:45 a.m., which probably didn't help the impending sickness.) It was fun seeing Nels as the front man, introducing songs and sharing little anecdotes, and the music was impressive - but it's not quite my cup of tea. I find it interesting, and I liked a couple of the songs in particular, but it doesn't ... transport me. Still well worthwhile, and I got to see a lot of friends there too.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger hip-hop-annonymous said...

HI! I know what you mean. I've felt like crap since Monday too! I haven't eaten much of anything since Monday. I tried to eat a bit at lunch, but ended up not wanting it. Man, if I wanted to be on a diet, I'd choose to do so. I would much rather be feeling fine and eating right now then not. :( I woke up today thinking maybe a cold was coming on now...took meds...don't think the colds gonna happen.

Why did druggies have to mess around with pseudophedrin? I can't spell that and I don't care right now!!! hahaha! Now my cold medicine is pseudo-free.

I found some old stuff. I think it worked.

The last thing I want right now is to be at work. And that is where I am.

Screw this.

December 14, 2005 at 1:05:00 PM CST  
Blogger BeeKay said...

It's nice to know I'm not alone. Yeah, since Monday I've eaten some Cheez-its for lunch (yesterday), and part of a fruit and walnut salad last night ... but that didn't end well. If you catch my drift. Today I've had a pretzel. And cranberry juice, and water.

December 14, 2005 at 3:01:00 PM CST  
Blogger hip-hop-annonymous said...

I'm goin for some cranberry juice myself after work.

December 14, 2005 at 3:54:00 PM CST  
Blogger pneyu said...

Now you can't tell me you never get to see Nels. :P

December 16, 2005 at 1:09:00 AM CST  
Blogger hip-hop-annonymous said...

Are you feeling better?

I've been popping Echinacea pills, Zinc and Vitamin C like crazy. I'm feeling better. Still weird in the mornings - other than that I'm good.

December 16, 2005 at 11:34:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home