Sunday ramblings
It's time once again to wax rhapsodic about springtime. Today I noticed that the wild raspberry bushes behind our apartment are coming back to life. In the past week or so, all of the other bushes in the courtyard have become violently leafy - in that classic, slightly crazed neon green of early spring. The crabapple trees around my office are also showing promise of blooming, and most of the really big trees are at least at the tiny bud stage.

Swooon. Though it also means petals stuck to my windshield ... swoooon anyway.
Yesterday I went to the Sanrio store at Gurnee Mills and bought kleenex and band-aids. (What, you don't go to Sanrio when you need kleenex and band-aids?) I also visited a used CD store, where I picked up REM's "Great Beyond" single for 99 cents. I illegally enjoyed the song back when the Andy Kauffman movie first came out (moment of silence for the old Napster) so it was a fun find. The b-side is a live version of "Man on the Moon," which sealed the deal. Because for 99 cents, you have to be choosy. I also scored a Baby-Sitters Club 'super edition' of books 1-3 of the series for $2.30 at the Borders closeout store. I can't wait to read "Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls" again!
Finally, I found an abandonded little Playmobil guy on Friday. I have no idea what the holy hell he's supposed to be; he looks like a combination pilgrim/martial artist/pirate. He appears to be missing a hat and perhaps a sword of some kind - although one of his hands is a hook, so I'm thinking he can probably defend himself with that.
Swooon. Though it also means petals stuck to my windshield ... swoooon anyway.
Yesterday I went to the Sanrio store at Gurnee Mills and bought kleenex and band-aids. (What, you don't go to Sanrio when you need kleenex and band-aids?) I also visited a used CD store, where I picked up REM's "Great Beyond" single for 99 cents. I illegally enjoyed the song back when the Andy Kauffman movie first came out (moment of silence for the old Napster) so it was a fun find. The b-side is a live version of "Man on the Moon," which sealed the deal. Because for 99 cents, you have to be choosy. I also scored a Baby-Sitters Club 'super edition' of books 1-3 of the series for $2.30 at the Borders closeout store. I can't wait to read "Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls" again!
Finally, I found an abandonded little Playmobil guy on Friday. I have no idea what the holy hell he's supposed to be; he looks like a combination pilgrim/martial artist/pirate. He appears to be missing a hat and perhaps a sword of some kind - although one of his hands is a hook, so I'm thinking he can probably defend himself with that.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home